Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Thoughts on Finishing the Five Books of Moses

Just after Christmas, I set a new goal: read the entirety of my new 1599 Geneva Bible before the baby is born. I had about 6 months and am now down to five months -- with a few extra weeks in there for cushion.

I just finished reading the Five Books of Moses today. If I were to pull just one thing from what I have read so far (out of many good lessons), it would be to take time to remember what God has already done in my life and trust that He will continue to do a good work in me. Time and time again, the people of Israel were reminded of being brought out of Egypt, being fed and watered, and being victorious in battle. My life has had its own "Egypt." I have been miraculously provided for more times than I can count. My personal battles have been won. ...All through the strength and grace of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: