Friday, April 25, 2014

PhotoFix Friday: The Moore, Steele, Ritter, Van Noate, & Cooper Family Christmas of 1919

Christmas 1919 in Lodi, California with members of the Moore, Steele, Ritter, Van Noate, and Cooper families. My 2nd great grandfather, William Osborn Moore, is on the far right. My 2nd great grandmother, Evangeline "Eva" (Flansburgh) Moore, is the woman in the middle looking to the left. Their son, my great grandfather Lawrence Lloyd Moore, is the 6th from the left on the top row.

This is what it used to look like. It does have the benefit of identifying numbers.

Group photos are great... when you know who is who.  Thankfully, we are able to identify my 2nd great grandfather William Moore, and this is the best photo we have of him.  His wife Eva is also in the shot as well as several of their children. The original of this photo had numbers all over it with an attached key. Unfortunately, not every number was given a name, and even some of the ones that were are unreadable. Here is what I was able to make out:

1. Unknown (I think it is Bess Moore, the daughter of William and Eva Moore, and therefore my 2nd great aunt)
2. Leon Van Noate
3. Jim Cooper
4. Charley Ritter
5. Unknown
6. My Great Grandfather Lawrence Lloyd Moore
7. Reid Van Noate
8. Unknown (I think it is Ruth Moore, the daughter of William and Eva Moore, and therefore my 2nd great aunt)
9. Clifton Steele
10. Ed Steele
 11. Ivy Cooper
12. Thelma Cooper
13. Rose Steele
14. Anna Moore Van Noate (the daughter of William and Eva Moore, and therefore my 2nd great aunt)
15. Irene Steele Moore
16. Evangeline Melissa Flansburgh Moore (my 2nd great grandmother)
17. Jenny Ritter
18. Francis Steele
19. Sarah Steele
20. William Osborn Moore (my 2nd great grandfather)
21. Edith Moore
22. Lloyd Moore
26. Kenneth Moore
27. Grace Moore

1 comment:

Robert Wayne Moore said...

Elizabeth, you've done such a good job! It's still hard to believe I can see this now. I'll be in touch with the Van Noate family to let them know, too.

Many thanks!

Dad