Thursday, June 26, 2014

Reading Through the Bible Recap

This morning marked the completion of my pre-baby goal of reading through the entire 1599 Geneva Bible -- one week before my due date! It took exactly six months.  Although I don't recommend such a quick pace all the time, it has been a wonderful season.  God's Word is so rich, and I was able to cover parts of the Bible that aren't read much in my normal devotions.

I can't pretend to have understood it all, but getting an overview of God's Word will help as I dive deeper in the months and years ahead.  I know one thing; my God is awesome, mighty, and holy, and He has been working throughout time to bring to completion His loving salvation plan.  Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life, and no one comes to the Father except through Him.

As I move forward into the coming season of motherhood with a toddler and baby, I want to keep in mind my takeaway from Ecclesiastes this morning:

"Work, pleasure, family, life... it is all meaningless if outside the big picture of God's will. The whole duty of man is to obey God."

Baby Pruett #2 is welcome anytime now!

2 comments:

Diane Tohline said...

that pregnancy went fast.....for me! Excited for seeing baby #2. Is the gender a surprise for all of us or for you guys as well?

Elizabeth E Pruett said...

It is a surprise for everyone! Our midwife doesn't even know. :) I can hardly wait to find out! It won't be long now.