Monday, March 09, 2015

Reading "I am a Church Member" by Thom S. Rainer

I am excited! ...Excited about my church, excited about prayer, excited about being the hands, feet, eyes, ears, or nose of the church. This is me over here being excited.

Why? My pastor recommended I am a Church Member by Thom S. Rainer awhile back. There was going to be a Wednesday night study about it. My schedule didn't allow me to go, but I decided to read the book anyway.  I am so glad I did.

This book is short. Super short. There is no fluff here, and every word furthers a re-evaluation of how we see church. Do we have a "Country Club" view of expecting the church to serve us? Or, do we have the biblical view of church membership that looks to serve others?

This is not a book to whiz through, put down, and forget about. This book encourages action as I follow Jesus and love His church. I am already making an action plan on how I can apply the scriptures highlighted in this tiny book so as to make a mighty impact on my life. I will return to it later for a spiritual checkup.

I want everyone to read this. Every Christian will walk away from it with new enthusiasm for their church, and every non-believer will be given a clear presentation of the gospel and what it means to be the church of Jesus Christ.

Read it!

No comments: