Friday, January 01, 2016

Book Suggestions for the 1960s and '70s?

Happy New Year! I am listening to "Jesus Music" right now. My new reading challenge for 2016 involves going back in time with books and music from and about the eras of my ancestors -- going back six generations from my parents to my 4th great grandparents (about 1820). Some of you might be able to help me with the first few selections. January and February will be focused on the 1960s and '70s. First, what was your favorite children's book written during the 1960s? Next, which non-fiction books best capture the spirit of the life and times of the 1960s and '70s (may be written at any time)? I am talking about missionary biographies, US politics, Christianity, science, music, and culture. I especially enjoy memoirs written by normal people who told stories about everyday life, but famous people are okay too. Thank you for any suggestions!

No comments: