Friday, February 26, 2016

A review of C. S. Lewis' "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe"

Reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis is like visiting an old friend. ...An old friend that is brilliant and tons of fun. I picked up this book again because of my focus this January and February on literature written or read during my parents' youth. The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe was first published ten years before my parents' birth, so that means they were the first generation of children in my family with the pleasure of this classic. A couple of my grandparents would have been older teens when it first came out. My mother remembers reading it as a student and writing a school report about it. I did the same during my school years, and I am sure my children will follow in our footsteps when it is their turn. This book, with its Christian themes tucked inside, is an absolute pleasure and a true gift to children's literature.

No comments: